Importance of Dental Implant
Dental implants offer an important solution for patients with missing teeth. Lack of teeth can cause various problems in the mouth and negatively affect the self-confidence of the patient. Thanks to a dental implant, missing teeth can be replaced with artificial tooth roots. In this way, many benefits can be provided in terms of aesthetics, functional and health.
What are the Advantages of a Dental Implant?
A dental implant provides many advantages over other dental treatment methods. Some advantages are:
- Natural Appearance: The dental implant offers a natural looking and comfortable artificial tooth. In this way, it takes place in the mouth in harmony with other teeth.
- Relieves Speech Disorders: Lack of teeth can make it difficult to pronounce some words correctly. A dental implant corrects speech disorders by replacing missing teeth.
- Improves Chewing Ability: Lack of teeth can make it difficult to chew food correctly. A dental implant increases the chewing ability by replacing missing teeth.
- Protects Oral Health: The dental implant protects the surrounding teeth and jawbone, preventing future dental problems.
- Long-lasting: The dental implant can be used for a lifetime with the right care and protection.
What is the risk of dental implants?
Like any dental treatment method, dental implants carry some risks. Some risks are:
- Infection: Although rare, infection may occur at the implant site and the implant may fail.
- Nerve Damage: Insertion of the implant can sometimes cause nerve damage and tingling or numbness may occur in the surrounding area.
- Implant Failure: In rare cases, the implant may not integrate with the jawbone and the implant may fail.
- Allergic Reactions: Some patients may have an allergic reaction to the materials used in the implant.
Dental Implant Procedure:
The dental implant procedure usually includes the following steps:
- Planning: First, the dentist takes X-rays to determine the site where the implant will be placed and the appropriate implant size. This step is important for successful implant placement.
- Anesthesia: Local anesthesia is applied to the area where the implant will be placed. In this way, the feeling of pain and discomfort during the procedure is minimized.
- Implant Placement: The dentist places the implant in the jawbone. A healing period of several months is required for the implant to integrate with the jawbone.
- Temporary Prosthesis Application: During the healing process, a temporary prosthesis can be applied. In this way, it is ensured that the missing teeth are replaced.
- Permanent Prosthesis Application: After the completion of the healing process, a permanent prosthesis can be applied. The prosthesis is designed as a natural-looking and comfortable artificial tooth.
How is Implant Dental Care Performed?
A dental implant can be used for a lifetime with the right care and protection. The following care tips should be observed for the longevity of the implant:
- Tooth Brushing: The implant area should be brushed regularly like other teeth. In this way, the accumulation of bacteria and plaque is prevented.
- Floss Usage: Dental floss can be used to clean food residue and plaque between teeth. The implant area should also be cleaned with dental floss.
- Dental Checkups: The dentist should be checked regularly to check the health and healing process of the implant.
- Oral Hygiene: Attention should be paid to general oral hygiene. Bad habits, such as smoking, can also harm the health of the implant.
Does dental implant hurt the patient?
During implant placement, the feeling of pain is minimized as local anesthesia is applied. During the healing process, there may be a slight feeling of pain, but it can be controlled with painkillers.
How long does it take for a dental implant to heal?
A healing period of several months is required for the implant to integrate with the jawbone.
To whom can dental implants be applied?
Dental implants can be applied to any patient who has a healthy jawbone and attaches importance to oral hygiene. However, implant application may not be suitable for patients with certain health problems. For this reason, conformity assessment should be done by talking to the dentist.
Is a dental implant permanent?
A dental implant can be used for a lifetime with the right care and protection.
How much are dental implant prices?
Dental implant prices vary according to the region where the application will be made, the implant brand and other factors. Therefore, a detailed pricing should be obtained from the dentist.